Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Good stuff

While recovering from this surgery, I have had a few gifts sent my way (no pictures of flowers, of which there were many, or of stuffed animals, which added bears and elephants to my little zoo). Here are some of them (and a bonus shot of Stinky inspecting the Belgian truffles): Yesterday was also the blooming of my first flowers of the year. It's been in the high 70s every day. My sister sent a beautiful azalea (pic to come later) and I was surprised to see these little yellow babies blooming at the same time. I have still not figured out just what these are. I think potato vines. Soon there will be more flowers than leaves (you can see the tiny buds), and they smell divine. And for something new on the needles, another felting experiment. It will either be a round bottomed bag or maybe a bowl. I don't know whether to put handles on - I thnk it will depend on the amount of yarn I have left over. Light purple is the rest of the Cascade 220. Dark purple is (or soon will be) the rest of the Colinette I hate, but it does felt up in a very cool way. Doing that yarn in purl so it gets good and nubby. Noro Kuryon (god, this stuff is gorgeous) makes up the other stripes. The bottom is approx 16" x 16". I'll try to shrink it to about 12x12. I'm really enjoying this.

No comments: