Monday, February 20, 2006

So what's new with you?

Not much happening. Working (slowly, slowly) on new felting project. I was at a WW meeting last week and met a nice woman who was carrying a felted bag and knitting on a pretty blue and yellow sock. She was wearing the sweetest pink socks she had knit, with a heart motif (valentine, anyone?). So I have made a new friend, and I promised to bring my bag project to show her this week. For lack of anything new to show you, here is the leaf scarf made from homegrown/sheared/dyed/spun kid mohair from http://www.uniquedesignsbykathy.com/, which is where the Tucson Wool Festival was held in November. The site features a couple of my photos (my favorite being a closeup of Absinthe the goat), and this is where I met some of the nicest people! This is just about the worst photo in the world, but the color really is true - from my comforter to the yarn. I was in a hurry to get this packaged in time for holiday delivery so didn't take any time to get some natural light. Maybe Susie will get a better shot of the scarf with a bit of snow.

No comments: